"The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit."
Support Conservation Through Your Donation
Donating to the White Mountains Land Trust is an expression of your participation and commitment in conserving important natural areas. You are helping to conserve and support:
- Clean air and water,
- Wildlife viewing and habitat,
- Health and well-being through being active in the outdoors,
- Wise stewardship and development,
- Property values,
- Opportunities to explore nature,
- Heritage areas and lifestyles,
- Open space,
- The inspiration of natural areas and beauty,
- The long term health and presence of natural resources for generations to come.
How can you, as an interested citizen, help the White Mountains Land Trust protect our precious places?
A Gift of Cash – An outright cash donation to the White Mountains Land Trust may qualify as an IRS-recognized charitable donation, eligible for reducing income taxes on the donor. Cash donations can be made by contacting the White Mountains Land Trust (contact information below).
A Gift of Stock – You may avoid tax on capital gains for appreciated stocks held one year or more and earn a deduction equal to full market value of the stock.
Life Insurance – You may donate the insurance or name the White Mountains Land Trust as beneficiary; please see your tax and/or insurance professional for the various manners to donate life insurance and potential benefits.
A Gift of Real Estate – You may avoid sizeable capital gains tax acquired through the sale of a residence, vacation home, commercial property, or vacant lot by making a gift of this property and receive a charitable deduction for its full fair market value. An independent appraisal is required by the IRS if you wish to claim a deduction. If your land can be valued for open space, wildlife habitat, agriculture, or other conservation purposes, donation or sale of an easement may be pursued. Please see our “Conservation Easement” publication for more information.
Retained Life Estate Gift – You can make a gift of your residence, vacation home, or commercial property to be acquired by the White Mountains Land Trust while you continue to use it for your lifetime (or your spouse or another individual).
Make or Revise Your Will – A bequest gift through your will or living trust is deductible from your gross estate and can offer you and your heirs’ estate tax savings.
Land - do you own land that you would like to see preserved for your lifetime and for future generations?
What Are Some of Your Options?
- Donate a Conservation Easement: A conservation easement is a legal agreement between you and a land trust or government agency that permanently protects the land while you continue to own it. Donating the easement can result in reduced income tax and estate tax.
- Donate Your Land: Donating land to a land trust is a wonderful way to share its beauty with future generations. The donation can even be set up in a way that allows you to continue to live on the land or to receive a life income.
- Complete a Bargain Sale of Land: Selling your land to a land trust at less than its fair market value can provide tax benefits to you and make it affordable for the land trust.
To donate to the White Mountains Land Trust:
Mail the gift form with your contribution to the address below.
The White Mountains Land Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and donations to our organization are tax-deductible as allowable by law. We appreciate your generosity and advise that you contact your tax professional to determine what benefits your donation may have for your specific situation. Our employer tax identification number is: 20-2066286.
White Mountains Land Trust/Alliance donors are generous and thoughtful supporters of conservation activities and efforts to impact and ensure a quality of life and a secure future for important natural areas and resources. When you join with the White Mountains Land Alliance/Trust, you help to keep natural areas and open space preserved for all to enjoy now and for generations to come. Thank you for your support!
For more information, please contact us.
PO Box 581, Pinetop, Arizona 85935-0581